The Pi Sigma Chapter
Phi Gamma Delta was the first fraternity on campus at the University of Pittsburgh, in 1863, then known as the Western University of Pennsylvania. Years later, due to the American Civil War, the Sigma Chapter closed in 1870, but returned in 1916 as the Pi Sigma Chapter.
After nearly 20 years off campus, FIJI returned to Pitt. On April 20, 2017, when the brothers of the Alpha Class were initiated into the Pi Sigma Colony.
On February 9, 2019 the Chapter earned back its charter, re-establishing the Pi Sigma Chapter at the University of Pittsburgh.
Our chapter prides ourselves on our diversity and inclusion for people of different ethnicity, culture, and field of study than our own. Brought together by our values, our brothers are currently members of the Pitt Band, Asian Student Alliance, Black Action Society, Resident Student Association, William Pitt Union Building Management, PSSA, Engineering Student Council, Pitt CSSD, 2018 and 2019 Greek Sing 1st Place Champions, and the President of Student Government Board (Zechariah Brown).